Catch-up mashup
Wow...it has been many months since I've posted here, but I'm writing now to catch up before my next trip! I'm planning to leave this Tuesday, 30 September, for a month-long trip to Hong Kong, the Philippines and Chengdu, China, so time is running short! Here is a quick run-down of Japan and Hawaii pictures, as promised long ago:
My "business hotel" room in Nara, complete with robe (I guess Japanese businesspeople don't travel with pajamas?):

Hilarious tray in my hotel bathroom:

Jane having a close encounter with Nara's famous deer:

Still smiling despite our uncomfortable shoes:

We got a break from our shoes inside the shrine, but had to sit on our feet until they fell asleep instead!

The lady of the hour! Her first comment when we walked in: "I cannot move!"


Gorgeous fall colors outside of the shrine:

Breaking open a drum full of sake at the reception (Naomi's dad was REALLY enthusiastic about this part!):

Her parents approve!

Signing the license at a western-style reception with friends...my first time eating French fries with chopsticks!

After the wedding, I enjoyed an evening in Tokyo with Chie, shopping in Ginza...

...and eating yummy bar food!

What a memorable trip! It was such a treat to catch up with my sweet Japanese friends--I can't wait to do it again!
Now, a few pictures from my Hawaii trip...
Barack the caucus!

Hanging out with some new friends in Waikiki:

On the beach, amused at paparazzi-like behavior of said new friends:

Can you spot the sea turtles?

I would very much like to live where flowers this gorgeous bloom in February:

It was a short trip, but a sweet taste...I'd always been a bit skeptical about Hawaii, but now I am totally sold! I loved the combination of outdoor activities, tropical fruit and authentic Asian food. I can't wait to go back!
I will try mightily to keep posting updates during this trip, so please check back! See you in November...
My "business hotel" room in Nara, complete with robe (I guess Japanese businesspeople don't travel with pajamas?):

Hilarious tray in my hotel bathroom:

Jane having a close encounter with Nara's famous deer:
Still smiling despite our uncomfortable shoes:
We got a break from our shoes inside the shrine, but had to sit on our feet until they fell asleep instead!

The lady of the hour! Her first comment when we walked in: "I cannot move!"
Gorgeous fall colors outside of the shrine:
Breaking open a drum full of sake at the reception (Naomi's dad was REALLY enthusiastic about this part!):
Her parents approve!
Signing the license at a western-style reception with friends...my first time eating French fries with chopsticks!

After the wedding, I enjoyed an evening in Tokyo with Chie, shopping in Ginza...

...and eating yummy bar food!

What a memorable trip! It was such a treat to catch up with my sweet Japanese friends--I can't wait to do it again!
Now, a few pictures from my Hawaii trip...
Barack the caucus!
Hanging out with some new friends in Waikiki:
On the beach, amused at paparazzi-like behavior of said new friends:
Can you spot the sea turtles?
I would very much like to live where flowers this gorgeous bloom in February:
It was a short trip, but a sweet taste...I'd always been a bit skeptical about Hawaii, but now I am totally sold! I loved the combination of outdoor activities, tropical fruit and authentic Asian food. I can't wait to go back!
I will try mightily to keep posting updates during this trip, so please check back! See you in November...

1 Comments:
Oh Man! You didn't tell me you saw sea turtles!! Have a nice time.
By
JMass, at 2:08 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home