Leah's World Tour!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Suspended

I actually thought it would be a lot worse when I woke up this morning. All of the schools in the area (including both of the ones where I had meetings scheduled today) have cancelled classes and closed their offices today on account of the weather. When I went to sleep last night I was picturing hurricane-like conditions and already dreading a day cooped up in my hotel room watching horrible TV and waiting for the winds to die down. I was pleasantly surprised to walk out my door this morning to find that it wasn't raining at all--or terribly windy, actually--although I had to take a different route to get to my internet cafe due to some minor street flooding.

Sadly, though, the rescheduled meetings are sort of the story of my week so far! The guy I was supposed to meet with yesterday "forgot" about our meeting even though I had personally scheduled it with him on the phone less than 24 hours earlier (!). I was frustrated, but am taking this as a lesson to call before schlepping all over the city to meet people, especially while carrying my laptop! Many Filipinos I've met so far have commented on the fact that it takes forever to get things done here, so I'm trying to roll with the scheduling challenges even though it's easy to let all the wheel-spinning drive me crazy. With that said, though, I have some meetings scheduled tomorrow and Monday about which I'm pretty excited. Productivity is an amazing feeling--I am looking forward to experiencing it! ;)

Yikes, now I think I see what all the fuss was about--it's pouring outside! What a crazy place. I hope that you are all staying dry and getting things done wherever you are!

1 Comments:

  • yay leah! sounds like everything is progressing, albeit with minor frustrations...hang in there girl!
    emma

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home