Leah's World Tour!

Sunday, July 9, 2006

Camera happy

Manila's city hospital:
















It's pretty ghetto, but the spelling of "Ospital" is correct in Tagalog--I wasn't sure at first!

Rough waters on Manila Bay:
















This is also the closest view that I can give you of the US Embassy without getting arrested! (The black fence and watch tower are on embassy property.)

Manila Hotel, where Gen. MacArthur lived during the first years of World War II:
















That one was for you, Dad!

Spanish walls in Intramuros:




















As you can see, the Spanish didn't do much better here than they did in Cuzco--too many earthquakes and other natural disasters!

Finally, some non-Manila pics from my excursion to Batangas this afternoon...a bamboo house/shelter at the medicinal plant farm that we visited:
















The doctor I'm working with is very interested in medicinal plants, so he tries to visit this place nearly every week. I learned a lot here!

Drinking the water from a fresh coconut:
















It was so messy, but it tasted pretty good! They put it in a mug for me after this photo was taken.

1 Comments:

  • Leah,

    Great pics! Thanks for keeping the updates coming. We'll call you soon. See you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home