Leah's World Tour!

Wednesday, July 5, 2006

First impressions of Asia

You know you are in Asia when...
















(Photo taken at Seoul Incheon International Airport, although I think this writing is actually in Chinese!)

Also at the airport--I thought this was sort of funny...




















I think people were beading necklaces or something in the "Traditional Culture Experiencing Zone".

Rizal Park, Manila...it's actually lovely!
















They evidently have an orchidarium and butterfly sanctuary, which I will be sure to check out sometime!

Finally, my internal social scientist couldn't resist this shot of the aforementioned advertisement for Filipino workers in Qatar:




















That's all for now, but I just discovered that my internet cafe has wireless access, so I will be able to post more easily from now on. Enjoy!

4 Comments:

  • Manilla sounds and looks both really interesting and fun! I'm glad that you seem to be enjoying it. The pictures are great... thanks for sharing them. Take care-- Susie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:56 PM  

  • i love hearing from you so often!! and getting to see some photos as well. Keep it up! Miss you
    kendra

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:17 PM  

  • Glad to see that you got there safely, and are enjoying yourself! Go get them Leah!
    Best, Emma

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:32 PM  

  • Looks like you are going to have a blast while you are there! Still glad that I urged you to keep a blog during your travels!!! You know how I like to know EVERYTHING! :-)

    I heart pictures...so make sure you keep up with the pictures!

    OH...speaking of pictures, I can't find my wire to connect my camera to my computer...so I can't get the ones of you, me, Naomi, and Shawn O'Brian off the dumb camera! :-(

    Speaking of Shawn O'Brian...any word from Naomi about his number so I can get a hold of him??

    OK...love you! I'm glad you seem to be doing well...you are so adaptive! I love it!

    ~Jen

    By Blogger Jenn-ay, at 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home