Leah's World Tour!

Monday, July 17, 2006

Jump start

No more goofing around for me! After a LONG period of semi-productivity and constant rearrangement of schedules, I had 3 good meetings today. Hooray! They were accomplished with the usual degree of getting a little lost, being late, being not remembered at first, but then received warmly and invited to visit again, being on time and waiting for my interviewee for an hour, and driving through flooded streets to reach the final meeting. But I am not complaining--all of the people I interviewed were lovely and very willing to share information, so I have several pages of notes to type up and lots to think about. I am learning how to manage logistics a bit better as time goes on, but this city is so spread out that it really takes forever to get anywhere, especially in a downpour! Thankfully it seems that hardly anything runs on time, so I don't feel particularly out of place dashing in and out of meetings whenever they happen to begin or end. :)

I hope that you have all had great weekends. I will post some pictures of the crazy Chinese Cemetery soon. Happy Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home