Leah's World Tour!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Latte blessing

The following is the first conversation I had with a person this morning:

(My hotel is located behind a Starbucks, which I have frequented while I've been here. It is always busy, but this morning around 9 AM it is PACKED with people who are sitting in chairs that are arranged in rows facing the same direction. It's literally standing room only in the back.)

ME: What is going on in the Starbucks this morning?

GUARD: It's a mass--you know, a blessing?

ME: Ohh...I see! Wow.

GUARD: Why, did you want to order?

ME: No, that's OK, I was just curious!

Oh, Manila...naturally. Why wouldn't you hold a mass in Starbucks? This place continues to crack me up...

1 Comments:

  • Where are you right now? In Japan?? Call me when you get home so I can see you!
    ~Jen

    By Blogger Jenn-ay, at 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home