Leah's World Tour!

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Hello, world!

I just realized that a friend had added a link to my blog (hi, Rachel!) even though it's hopelessly out of date! I guess there hasn't been much blog-worthy stuff to report lately. But I'll try to start doing better now that it's summer and I will have travels on which to report. Namely:

26-29 May--Northern VA (This trip already happened. It was a fabulous chance to relax with some old friends--and to visit with my dear Nairobi friends while they were in the US!)

3-5 June--Orlando, FL (Doing my very best grown-up professional impression at this conference, presenting two posters and schmoozing with other health policy types.)

10 June-2 July--Durham, NC (Playing temporary mom to a happy mutt named Watson...hopefully throwing some dinner parties on the patio too!)

3-6 July--Lake Anna, VA (Gathering with family and tons of friends at the lake for the 4th of July. I used up my once-in-a-lifetime miss last summer, so now I am obligated!)

12-18 July--Hong Kong (Visiting a friend while I'm on the continent and continuing the tradition of celebrating my birthday in Asia, for maximum confusion about the timing of the actual anniversary of my birth.)

18 July-8 August--Manila, Philippines (Last year's visit during typhoon season left me longing for more downpours and polluted puddles, I guess! Hopefully I will also have a chance to conduct some interviews and archival research and visit some friends while I'm in town.)

I am especially excited to have my brother as my travel buddy for the trips to Hong Kong and Manila. It will be refreshing to have someone with whom to chuckle at the quirks of Asian megacity life and to spread around the inevitable attention that "foreigners" draw in the Philippines. It will be an adventure, and I promise to keep you posted!

3 Comments:

  • Shows how skewed my sense of time is; I didn't even notice than the beginning of March was, like, three whole months ago. Where does the time go?

    Anyway, even mentioning conversations about dissertation topics constitutes a legitimate excuse for an indefinite absense from the blogosphere, no questions asked. Not that news isn't welcome, of course. ;)

    By Blogger Rachel, at 9:00 PM  

  • Yay Joel!
    -Susie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:44 PM  

  • hey,Leah! You will go to the world tour this year again (sounds wonderful!). If you can stop by Japan while being in Asia, please let me know :) Even if you cannot make it this time, you should come to Japan to attend my wedding...right? hehe.

    By Blogger NAOMI, at 3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home