Can't believe I'm doing this...
I have always enjoyed reading other people's blogs, but never thought I would actually want to publish my own thoughts in such a public forum! Nonetheless, I'm going to give it a shot for the summer to keep friends and family informed about my adventures in the following exciting places:
Seattle, WA--leaving tomorrow (!) to attend a conference, visit my sweet Lynden relatives, and marry off a dear friend (6/25-7/3)
Manila, Philippines--first time ever in Asia for pre-dissertation research (still sort of amorphous, but more to come as I figure it out!--7/4-7/28)
Osaka/Nara, Japan--swinging through while I'm in the hemisphere to visit a favorite schoolmate from UNC and her family (7/28-8/2)
Whitinsville, MA/Westerly, RI--hoping that my body recovers from jet lag in time to make beautiful music at another friend's wedding, spending time with assorted friends and catching up with Mom and Dad (8/2-8/8)
I am so excited about this trip! I feel incredibly blessed to have such support from professors and friends for the Manila (i.e. anxiety-inducing) part, and to have such amazing people to visit and celebrate on the other stops. I will keep you posted on the journey as it begins, and please stay in touch to let me know how your summer is going too!
Seattle, WA--leaving tomorrow (!) to attend a conference, visit my sweet Lynden relatives, and marry off a dear friend (6/25-7/3)
Manila, Philippines--first time ever in Asia for pre-dissertation research (still sort of amorphous, but more to come as I figure it out!--7/4-7/28)
Osaka/Nara, Japan--swinging through while I'm in the hemisphere to visit a favorite schoolmate from UNC and her family (7/28-8/2)
Whitinsville, MA/Westerly, RI--hoping that my body recovers from jet lag in time to make beautiful music at another friend's wedding, spending time with assorted friends and catching up with Mom and Dad (8/2-8/8)
I am so excited about this trip! I feel incredibly blessed to have such support from professors and friends for the Manila (i.e. anxiety-inducing) part, and to have such amazing people to visit and celebrate on the other stops. I will keep you posted on the journey as it begins, and please stay in touch to let me know how your summer is going too!

5 Comments:
YEAH!!!! :-) I'm glad I swayed your decision to blog! How exciting!! HEYO! haha...Love you.
I pray traveling mercies on you...that God posts his angels on the front and rear of every plane, train, and automobile (haha - movie title) that you may take!
I love you to pieces and can't wait to catch up when you get home!! I'll religiously read your blog...so there'd better be some good posts! ;-) haha...no pressure! :-)
Love you!
~Jen
PS...It won't sign me in under my account name...I'll have to figure it out later! BAH!
By
Anonymous, at 2:53 AM
i am SO very happy about this blog! I hope to hear from you first person, of course, but getting to "go with you" a bit is wonderful! I can't wait to hear how things go!
love you!
kendra
By
Anonymous, at 6:59 PM
Go Leah! Can't wait to read about all your adventures abroad, from the comfort of Chapel Hill =)
By
Anonymous, at 8:13 PM
We love you Auntie Leah! You had better have tons of fun out there on your travels. Our Momma said that the best food she ever ate was popcorn bullfrog, out in China. So, if you see any, try it out for us.
We are busy here too, growing our one year molars. Sometimes, we are cranky and scream so loud that maybe you can hear us...can you?
We loved seeing you.
Love, Elijah and Noah Tetreault
By
Anonymous, at 5:39 AM
Hi! We are all here at the lake for the 4th (tomorrow). Miss you and praying your trip goes smoothly.
Love, donna w
By
Anonymous, at 11:02 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home